Wednesday 6 February 2008

Picadilly Circus + Microwave=L.F.E. (Laugh for ever)

Our microwave at home doesn't work properly, so we had to buy a new one sometime. The prices here in London could justify the decision for buying a brand new one.

After I finished work at UCL's Language Center today, I went with Ilias to this Korean videoclub-supermarket-restaurant I have mentioned in another post, for dinner. Then we decided to go for a walk to central London, Soho, China town, etc. Then we said, let's eat an ice-cream. It was so cheap, just 2 pounds for a great italian gellato. Then we decided to go to a pub. We chose O'Neills. There, we realised that we had been to the same place exactly one year before, just after I arrived at London to start my PhD. So this was a kind of anniversary. Then we continued to a club in Covent Garden. Free entrance before 10 pm, double vodka red bull for 2.5 pounds, great music and a marvellous selection of residents. I love this city. Then just before midnight we decided to go back to catch the last underground. On my way back, I passed from Tesco, and I entered to buy a microwave. Just 22 pounds. And then I walked from Leicester Square to Picadilly circus with this on my head (it was too heavy to hold it in my hands). It was a funny night, many people laughed, me included.
Does it make sense? Who cares
Frank

No comments: